Peace

Saturday, March 19, 2011

My View On: racism and predjudice

Racism and Prejudice
OK so here's what i think about racism:
I think it is 100% absolutely wrong! Why must we make fun of others that don't resemble our selves? Just because someone is darker or lighter skined, or has different eyes, or has a certian look to them, doesn't mean they are better or worse then ourselves. I also hate groups like the KKK. No group of people has more power, or a higher opinion than another. Also I hate that i just said 'groups'. We should not divide ourselves into sub categories. We are all human are we not? (Maybe your an alien, I don't know :P) I also hate how on applications they ask for your race. Is it important at all? I don't think that it's fair if say a college gets two applications that are identical except one person is white and the other is black, and they pick the black person because they want to have more 'diversity'. It is useless knowing someone's race. I think I've ranted enough about racism now lets move onto prejudice

I hate how people will judge people on their culture, beliefs, and sexuality. For gays and lesbians i think they are treated VERY unfair. I don't see why America has a problem letting gays get married. If they love each other let them get married. Just because the bible says that 'man shall not love man and woman shall not love woman' should NOT come into play! Religion and politics are two completely different things! Now with religion, i hate how Islamic people are all called terrorists. People make fun of Jewish people, and Islamic people all the time. Why do people never make fun of Christians?! I can understand that there are people who make fun of Christians but it's not as wide spread as making fun of Jews or Muslims. It also annoys me that people call Mexicans 'beaners' or 'wet backs'. And people call Asian people 'chinks' or 'zipper heads'. Let's say you are a white person, and a person comes up to you and calls you a cracker, how would you feel? If we all had compassion for each other and if we would stop all the names maybe we could have a little peace between us! We are all human (sorry if there are aliens reading this) and we should not sub divide ourselves or categorize each other. Everyone just be tolerant and have some compassion. In the words of George Harrison "Love each other"

No comments:

Post a Comment