Peace

Monday, March 21, 2011

My View On: The Death Sentence

These days we live in a world that is ridden with crime. One of those crimes, unfortunately, is murder. Dozens of people are murdered a day, and the numbers are getting bigger. I can sympathize with the families of the people who have been murdered. I can understand that they want the person or people to pay for what they have done but I think that the death sentence is over doing it. I find it completely ironic that we kill people who kill people to show that killing is wrong. Those people do deserve prison for life with no parole, defiantly. If we murder someone does that not a contradiction? This government is very Catholosized, and the bible seems to come into play a lot. I hate to mention religion but in this case I believe it fits. In the bible does it not say "thou shall not kill"? So we are sinning so we can punish someone who sinned? Murderers are bad people, don't get me wrong, but no one deserves to die. Everyone was given a life (I don't know who it was technically given by but that's besides the point) but if we all have a life should we not be able to live it? Think of it this way, which is worse, being given a quick death by lethal injection, or living a life in prison and dealing with the guilt of knowing you murdered another human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment